Founded in 2003, The Orange County Film Festival is designed to showcase the work of up and coming filmmakers throughout Orange County.
With over 700 people in attendance annually, OCFF has become a widely anticipated event in Southern California that has received recognition nationwide. CAE continues to support and sponsor this glamorous one night only experience that has brought students, families, and the community together to celebrate artistic excellence in filmmaking.
April 16th, 2021
All entries for the 2021 Orange County Film Festival must be submitted to the nomination committee by 3pm on Friday, April 16th, 2021.
Included with your submission must be:
a) a completed OCFF entry form for each entry submitted
b) a high quality export of each of your entries suitable for screening
- Each film submission must be accompanied by a completed entry form.
- Individuals may submit more than one entry, provided each has its own entry form.
- All films submitted must be produced between January 1st, 2020 - April 16th, 2021.
- For this year ONLY (2021), films made at the 2020 FilmEd Workshop are eligible.
- No film may be longer than 10 minutes in length.
- Entries must be FAMILY APPROPRIATE and must not include the use graphic language, weapons, drugs, alcohol, nudity, sex, excessive violence, or material deemed to be offensive to categories of individuals based on their religion, ethnicity, race, gender, or sexuality.
- All students currently enrolled in FilmEd Academy of the Arts are eligible to submit to the Orange County Film Festival. Films produced by alumni while in the program are eligible for submission.
- Entries may not be published online until after the festival date. Any entries that are found online, after nomination, will be disqualified.
The number of films submitted continues to grow every year. Last year, students submitted more than 300 films.
The nominated films are announced every year at The 24 screening. Check back for exact dates near the end of the year.
There is no limit to the number of films a student may submit. Each school may only submit one broadcast and 24 Hour entry.
Orange County Film Festival does not claim ownership over any submitted films, but reserves the right to use submitted films for training and/or marketing purposes.
December 1st, 2017 at 3pm
Awards will be handed out in the following categories:
May 14th & 15th 2021.
The 17th Annual Orange County Film Festival is proud to recognize talented young filmmakers in an unforgettable one or two night event. As the event draws closer, and we are able to finalize more details of the event around the Covid-19 pandemic we will update them here. Mark your calendars for the dates above, and ignore the sliding blocks below :)
February 14th | 1:30pm, 4:00pm, 6:30pm, 9:00pm
Get a bucket of popcorn, or your favorite candy, and enjoy a showcase of all the films nominated this year. There will be four screenings (1:30pm, 4:00pm, 6:30pm, and 9:30pm) at The New Port Theater on Pacific Coast Highway. Casual dress code. Gather your friends and family and pick the right one for you!
Festival Awards Show
February 15th | Red Carpet @ 5pm, Show @ 6pm
This year our signature awards show will be on the biggest screen yet at Edward's Big Newport! Walk the red carpet and then sit back, relax, and enjoy! Red Carpet Social starts at 5:00pm, and the show will start at 6:00pm. Formal Dress.
There are a variety of lodging options in the area for attendees from out of town. Check with your travel broker to see the available amenities.